Re: Contributor's Agreement (Was: New Part...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2005 00:46:05 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Orion Pobursky wrote:
What exactly is hard to understand.

For example:
"The right to create derivative works of the Work"

Does that mean altering the works (in this case: editing my dat files and make
updates on them) without trying to contact me first?

Or does it just mean works that uses my works?

And the security demands for passwords are way higher than my banks have.
Sometimes I get very dark feelings...

I don't understand what you are refering to here.

Sorry. What I mean is that the demands on the password security for logging in
to ldraw.org are much higher than login in at eBay, viewing my bank accounts,
and even sending hundreds of dollars using PayPal. It's overkill; just another
annoying obstacle IMO.