Re: The LDraw.org Contributer Agreement
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2005 13:31:27 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Willy Tschager wrote:
In lugnet.announce, Orion Pobursky wrote:
We (LDraw.org) now have the task of contacting all the authors who have
contributed to the Parts Library over the years, in order to have them read
and affirm the Contributor Agreement.

just out of curiosity. what will happen if:

* an author does NOT agree
* an author does NOT reply

will his/her parts be deleted from the library and do we have to recreate them?

I think this hasn't been totally decided yet; the last I heard, SteerCo was
still discussing it amongst itself.  The two front-runner options are:

1. Possibly have two separate distros, one for 'compliant' and one for
'non-compliant'.  The non-compliant library would be static, with all new
development going into the 'compliant' library.

2. Leave non-CA files in the library, but be sure not to mark them as CA.

Both of these methods have their own challenges, I encourage authors (especially
non-active authors) to take the time to sign their agreement to the agreement.
In case you missed Orion's announcement, here's how to agree to the terms:

If you know that you have a part in the official library or if you currently
have Parts Tracker Submit rights to the Parts Tracker, please contact Orion
(orion@say.no.to.spam.ldraw.org) via email with your affirmation.  This email
should read:

"I accept the LDraw.org Contributor Agreement with regards to all past and
future contributions I make to LDraw.org"

Steve