Subject:
Call for Nominations: 2005 LDraw.org Steering Committee
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2005 22:47:36 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Per the LDraw.org Bylaws, Subsection 6.03(a), the 2004 Steering Committee hereby calls for the community to nominate individuals as candidates for the 2005 Steering Committee.

Please post nominations in response to this message. Nominations will be only be recognized if they are in response to this message - they will be collected from LUGNET and from the comments field below the article on LDraw.org [1].

Per ss.6.03(a), you must specify the name of the person you are nominating, along with your name. Another member of the community must second the nomination in a reply, and the nominee must publicly accept the nomination in the same channel (direct reply to the nomination or second) in order to be valid. If the nominee does not accept, it will be assumed that he or she has declined, and they will not be placed on the ballot.

Nominations will close at 11:59 PM GMT on 28 February 2005. This means that to be listed on the ballot, a candidate must have been nominated, seconded and must have formally stated acceptance by that time.

The Steering Committee will give sufficient notice of the election and election procedures per ss.6.03(b).

NOTE: subsection 6.03(b) states that elections should take place before March 1. We interpret this to mean that we will commence the election on March 1, but since it is electronic, it will run for 2 weeks, just as last time. The exact time and date of start and end will be announced sometime very close to (but after) midnight GMT March 1.

In case any of you are wondering, yes, this is coming a bit earlier than it came last year. After the Bylaws were ratified, we realized the date of March 1 for commencing elections was ratified along with it, even though bylaws ratification happened just prior that date. Instead of attempting to amend the Bylaws, the 2004 Steering Committee has decided to take a shortened (10-month) first term and reset the election dates to March 1, as defined in the Bylaws.

Again, thanks to all of you for your commitment to the goals of the organization, and in working with us this year. Please, stay involved with LDraw.org and keep it moving forward!

Tim Courtney
On behalf of the LDraw.org Steering Committee

--
[1] This mechanism is made available for members of the community who don’t have posting privileges on LUGNET. See the bottom of the article on LDraw.org, log in to the site, and write your nomination there.