  STEP into using LDAO or LDDP

Other than commenting and uncommenting blocks of code, how can one step through the lines one by one? I'm trying to teach myself how to author by following examples. I'd like to be able to step through the lines of code and see what is being (...) (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: STEP into using LDAO or LDDP

(...) You can try LDDP draw to selected line mode. This will output the model from the beginning to the selected line. -Orion (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: STEP into using LDAO or LDDP

(...) Thanks. That's just what I'm looking for. But please pardon my ignorance. I have the basic LDDP without much plug-ins. I searched every option in the standard issue, but couldn't find the _draw to selected line mode_ option. Is that option (...) (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: STEP into using LDAO or LDDP

(...) I had a really hard time finding that option also. And yet even so I'm not convinced it's in a bad place, since once I found it it made sense. I'm pretty sure it's in the polling menu. --Travis Cobbs (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: STEP into using LDAO or LDDP

(...) The LDAO Editor has a setting to draw up to the current line only. It's on Options -> Stop-at-Cursor. Steve (20 years ago, 12-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: STEP into using LDAO or LDDP

(...) I'll check that out immediately. At the moment, I'm trying to figure out how to make the Polling option in LDDP to work as a stepper. I'm rendering existing parts by blocks of code to see how you folks created them. The STEP function will (...) (20 years ago, 12-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: STEP into using LDAO or LDDP

(...) OK, I looked it up. You want to make sure both of the following menu options are checked: Process->External Programs->Polling->Poll to L3Lab and LDView Process->External Programs->Polling->Poll to selected line only Then when you launch either (...) (20 years ago, 13-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)