 CAD / Development / Organizations / LDraw / 3310 (-5)
  Re: Contributer Agreement Version 3

(...) Orion: I'm not a lawyer, but I'll give you my opinion for what it is worth... In my opinion, the problem is that LDraw.Org has no legal authority to change a part license unless it owns the copyright to the part. Here is the relevant verbiage (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Contributer Agreement Version 3

(...) I am not quite sure that is true (although I can argue for it in terms of Danish contract law). (...) It depends (the usual answer, when you start discussing legal problems). The problem I can see with the CA is related to the way it gives (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Contributer Agreement Version 3

(...) You make some very good points. I do have one question though: Isn't getting the Author to agree to the change procedure the same as them giving to consent to change? In other words, I give permission to change the license if the follow (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Contributer Agreement Version 3

(...) Orion: The Creative Commons Attribution License (CCAL) is irrevocable (read section 7.) You can not lose a part that has been released under CCAL. The original author is free to stop distributing the original work (in this case a part), but (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Contributer Agreement Version 3

(...) The CA really isn't a license in the traditional since. It's intended to be a codification of the current way we run acceptance of contributions (i.e. the status quo in words) with a little explanitory text thrown in and a procedure for (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact