    Re: Contributer Agreement Version 3 —Orion Pobursky
   (...) You make some very good points. I do have one question though: Isn't getting the Author to agree to the change procedure the same as them giving to consent to change? In other words, I give permission to change the license if the follow (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

        Re: Contributer Agreement Version 3 —Jacob Sparre Andersen
     (...) I am not quite sure that is true (although I can argue for it in terms of Danish contract law). (...) It depends (the usual answer, when you start discussing legal problems). The problem I can see with the CA is related to the way it gives (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

         Re: Contributer Agreement Version 3 —Wayne Gramlich
     (...) I honestly think that the CA immediately violates the CCAL (Creative Commons Attribution License) section 4a and is, thus, intrinsically unenforcable due to section 7a. Please read my other response to Orion the more complete response. (...) (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

        Re: Contributer Agreement Version 3 —Wayne Gramlich
   (...) Orion: I'm not a lawyer, but I'll give you my opinion for what it is worth... In my opinion, the problem is that LDraw.Org has no legal authority to change a part license unless it owns the copyright to the part. Here is the relevant verbiage (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

        Re: Contributer Agreement Version 3 —Alfred Speredelozzi
   (...) If the parts authors are agreeing to liscence their parts to LDraw using this, then you may have a point in the sub-liscence section. However, my understanding is that the LDraw authors are giving liscence by using the CA. The creative commons (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)