Re: License Intent
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Thu, 10 Jun 2004 16:49:40 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Dan Boger wrote:
I think we will be forced to drop files from the new library, until the
authors either agree to the new license, or the parts get recreated from
scratch.  Of course, until we have some critical mass of authors
agreeing to a license, the new library won't be of any use to anyone.

Another question:  if Joe submits a new file, and later on Jane fixes it, how
much IP does Jane really have on the file?  More concretely, we're fairly
confident the Jessiman's will agree to license all of James' files to the (new)
library.  Many of James' files have been updated over time.  Are we then forced
to roll back the clock on these updated files, unless we get agreement from the
people who made the updates?

Steve