    POV settings —Anders Isaksson
   (...) NOTE: POVRay 3.5 assumed in the following! It's the standard colors generated by L3P, and the original radiosity ideas, but I fiddled a bit with the radiosity and other settings in the .pov-file: #declare AMB = 0; #declare DIF = 0.8; (...) (20 years ago, 7-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

        Re: POV settings —Dave Schuler
   (...) At a glance, I'd have to say that this looks rather similar to the settings I'm using (which I stole/adapted from information discussed in this thread: (URL) If your eyes can stand to see clone MOCs, here are a few samplings: (URL) Of course, (...) (20 years ago, 7-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

        Re: POV settings —Anders Isaksson
     (...) True. I think much of the difference is that mine is a 'world', and on another scale. Doing just one of the houses doesn't give the same depth experience at all. One thing that I have been using for a while now is a dim light at the *same* (...) (20 years ago, 7-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

        Re: POV settings —Anders Isaksson
   Another thing may be that your models are mainly black. Black is much more difficult than lighter colors, especially if it's shiny black. Your transparent parts look awfully good, for example (although a bit too clear to be real - I now remember (...) (20 years ago, 7-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

        Re: POV settings —Dave Schuler
   (...) That's a great idea! I've never played around to much with the color definitions, and I imagine that they'd go a long way toward improving image quality. I never would have thought of the camera-location light_source. That might be just the (...) (20 years ago, 7-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)