Re: some questions about the OMR
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 14:42:26 GMT

Tim Courtney <tim@zacktron.com> wrote in message
news:199906211334.GAA27145@shell.osiriscomm.com...
At 12:51 PM 6/20/99 +0000, jonathan wilson wrote:
1.what was aggreed to as the final header format/filename convention?

http://lugnet.com/news/display.cgi?lugnet.announce:251

2.do you have to have 0 step commands in the file?

No.

3.do you have to put sub-models (e.g. the bogies on a train) in a seperate • file
if you do not want to/have not done so?

Yes, you do.

Tim,  I think the ideal is to have submodels separate, preferably in a .mpd
file.  But I think we should accept sets without submodels with the caveat
that if someone else submits the same model with subfiles, the second one will
replace the first.  I'm sure there are many sets already completed that have
not been done with submodels, and I think it best to include those for now.

That said, set modelers should understand that using submodels greatly
increases the value of your models, as they can be better used in scenes, etc.

-John Van