Re: Winners of LDraw.org's October 2001 Model/Scene Of The Month
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Sat, 6 Oct 2001 13:07:56 GMT

Terry:

* Entry deadline on the 23rd of each month.

So that gives me a week to prepare pages for the next month.  OK.

But only five days in February.

* Voting commences on the 1st of each month (assuming that
  somebody managed to prepare a voting page for that
  month).

So the prepared pages are posted prior to the 1st, and the system switches
them at the right time?

Yes.

* Winners announced ASAP after voting closes.

The switching of voting pages and the forwarding of vote
counts to Terry can be handled completely automatically.

So I get mailed the results, hack the results into html, and post the winners.

Yes.

Sounds like a great plan, Jacob.  Where do we start?

* Switch naming scheme for the voting pages, so the file names
   include year and month.
* Create a "sorry, we're not ready for voting yet" page, which
   the server can put in place of the voting page if you have
   been delayed in creating the voting page one month.
* Create a program (to be run by `cron` on the first second of
   each month) which inserts the dummy voting page if necessary
   and updates a link to identify the voting page of the month
   with the general voting page.

Play well,

Jacob
--