Re: Winners of LDraw.org's October 2001 Model/Scene Of The Month
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 20:32:43 GMT

Terry:

My only problem is concerns about confusion (mine), and
timeliness. Having voting going on back-to-back would
require me to do a some juggling.

I can automate the hard parts.

And would require that pages get updated promptly at the
turn of the month.  Which is sure to get messed up.
There needs to be at least a little breathing space
between things.

What about letting the computer have the lack of breathing
space?

OK.  How about this;
1. Entry deadline is the last day of each month. So entry month can
   be clearly determined by the email date.
2. Voting commences by the 5th of the month, sooner if possible,
   open until the end of the month. Jacobs voting script can
   disqualify any votes made before or after the current month.
   Those 5 days give me plenty of time to reset everything, and
   keep things separated.
3. Winners announced ASAP after voting closes.

How does that sound?

I would rather choose:

* Entry deadline on the 23rd of each month.
* Voting commences on the 1st of each month (assuming that
   somebody managed to prepare a voting page for that
   month).
* Winners announced ASAP after voting closes.

The switching of voting pages and the forwarding of vote
counts to Terry can be handled completely automatically.

Jacob
--
"if a person can't communicate,
the very least he can do is to shut up!"