Re: Winners of LDraw.org's October 2001 Model/Scene Of The Month
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 17:45:38 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
"Terry K" <legoverse@yahoo.com> writes:

OK, <pant, pant) I'm back at <pant> the keyboard now.  So
congratulations to, er, myself for winning the Model Of The Month.

It was certainly well deserved!

Thank you, Fredrik.

BTW, I think that one week voting time is a bit limited.  It's also a
bit odd to go and look for contestants, and only find them one out of
four weeks.  How about a scheme were the models were up for voting for
one whole month.  That way, one single month would (a) display last
month's winners and (b) display contestants for next month's winners
(and (c) solicit entries for next month's contestants).

That would significantly improve the continuity of the web page, in my
opinion. It would also make it much more worth visiting at all times,
not only during the single week when it displayed the contestants.

Fredrik

Hmm...
My only problem is concerns about confusion (mine), and timeliness.
Having voting going on back-to-back would require me to do a some
juggling.  And would require that pages get updated promptly at
the turn of the month.  Which is sure to get messed up.
There needs to be at least a little breathing space between things.

OK.  How about this;
1. Entry deadline is the last day of each month. So entry month can
   be clearly determined by the email date.
2. Voting commences by the 5th of the month, sooner if possible,
   open until the end of the month. Jacobs voting script can
   disqualify any votes made before or after the current month.
   Those 5 days give me plenty of time to reset everything, and
   keep things separated.
3. Winners announced ASAP after voting closes.

How does that sound?
If that sounds equitable, I can post an announcement and change
the page to spread the word.
Using this scheme, the next vote would commence in November, as I
only a couple of entries submitted so far.

-- Terry K --