Re: Getting started: On Linux
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 13:40:24 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Jacob Sparre Andersen writes:
I have updated my installation guide for getting started
drawing and viewing building instructions on Linux:

  http://www.ldraw.org/download/start/linux/

I haven't tested it, but it <looks> nice.  Would you mind
switching it to version 0_9_1d?  That's probably going to be
the current version for a while.  It's got the part inliner and
most of the goodies I wanted to add to the LEdit emulation mode.
Anyways, I've stopped working on the LEdit mode for now.  I'm
currently working on ldlite 2.0 source compatibility and better
camera and perspective projection view frustrum manipulation.
So when I do finally get around to releasing this, I'll probably
have to take the big jump to version 0.9.2 or maybe even 1.0.0
if I feel the ldlite 2.0 compatibility is really solid.

Don