Re: Getting started: On Linux
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 10:46:53 GMT

"Jacob Sparre Andersen" <sparre@nbi.dk> writes:

I have updated my installation guide for getting started
drawing and viewing building instructions on Linux:

    http://www.ldraw.org/download/start/linux/

I think it looks very nice!  It's a comprehensive list of what needs
to be done to get started with LDrawing.

Just one comment on the URLs: They appear to be line wrapped, e.g. in
Step 1:

    user$ wget http://www.ldraw.org/reference/
    linux-ldraw-library.tar.gz

Wouldn't this be somewhat confusing for the user?

There's also a similar example in Step 3:

    root$ chown root.root l3glite l3gledit ldglite
    readme.txt

This is just nitpicking, however.  I appreciate your efforts in
composing the help page!

I also have one question on the software download page:

    http://www.ldraw.org/download/software/

What is the basis for the evaluation system?  How is it decided which
tool gets two studs and which gets five studs?

Fredrik