Re: MOTM voting irregularities - Florida all over again?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 19:30:48 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Terry Keller writes:
Hi all,

OK, listen up.  This message is for a small percentage of people out there.
Voting more than once for a model does not work.
All IP addresses are logged and it is easy to spot duplicates.  Duplicates
are deducted from the score.

Easy to spot, but it still requires me to manually review the logs.  Which
really ticks me off, as I don't have a lot of free time, and reviewing IP
address logs is a big waste of time.

So those of you who think they can cheat, can't.  Grow up.

  Here's my second dumb question for the day:  How do you vote?  I went
through the MOTM link on Ldraw.org, but there didn't appear to be a sublink
to a voting site.  What am I missing?
  That said, what would prevent me, for instance, from asking 80 or so
people I work with to vote from their various terminals?  Or does that count
as duplication?  What if my cubemates and I all legitimately want to vote?

     Dave!