Re: MOTM voting irregularities - Florida all over again?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 02:54:38 GMT

That's funny,

Since my model was up for voting, the thought of trying to stuff the votes
did pop into the back of my head.  I harnessed my morals though and
registered my one and only vote (for my model).  Actually, I kind of like
the train model better than mine, but I just had to vote for my own model!

I wondered what was to prevent that sort of vote stuffing.  I'm glad to see
that you are checking for that!

Terry K <legoverse@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:G4poL4.KA8@lugnet.com...
Hi all,

OK, listen up.  This message is for a small percentage of people out • there.
Voting more than once for a model does not work.
All IP addresses are logged and it is easy to spot duplicates.  Duplicates
are deducted from the score.

Easy to spot, but it still requires me to manually review the logs.  Which
really ticks me off, as I don't have a lot of free time, and reviewing IP
address logs is a big waste of time.

So those of you who think they can cheat, can't.  Grow up.

-- Terry K --