Subject:
Being Chad (was: Re: MOTM voting irregularities - Florida all over again?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 10:14:13 GMT

   Scroll down, the payoff pitch is there...

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Tim Courtney writes:
"Terry K" <legoverse@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Hi all,

OK, listen up.  This message is for a small percentage of people out • there.
Voting more than once for a model does not work.
All IP addresses are logged and it is easy to spot duplicates.  Duplicates
are deducted from the score.

Easy to spot, but it still requires me to manually review the logs.  Which
really ticks me off, as I don't have a lot of free time, and reviewing IP
address logs is a big waste of time.

So those of you who think they can cheat, can't.  Grow up.

But wait, you gotta make sure every vote counts.  And you gotta count my
votes twice, manually, even if they just pushed the radio button and didn't
hit submit.  Here, I'll supply you with boxes of votes all for me which were
never counted (I wonder how that happened?).  And I'll keep crying about it
until way after a winner is declared.

   This is entirely a tangent, but I wonder if in about 18 years
   we'll see a sudden spike in the Selective Service register of
   young men named 'Chad'...

   ...and isn't it the least bit puzzling that the most depressed
   (dimpled?) Chad in the world, the one just south of Libya,
   hasn't been counted at all?  :)

   Anyways, just my $5 (which, shockingly, is about 2.5% of the
   per capita GNP of aforementioned Chad--the country, not the teen
   ne'er-do-well).  I puzzle over the possibilities, even though I
   probably shouldn't.

   best

   Lindsay

   XFUT-> .off-topic.fun