 CAD / Development / Organizations / LDraw / *1246 (-10)
  LDraw.org Official Model Repository Standards

Ok, I have made some changes to the OMR Standards based on the feedback that has been given. If there is no major objections than this is how the Standard will remain, but as always feedback is nescessary for things to work well. I think that most (...) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Official model repository situation

"Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message news:3a8dab56.648880...net.com... (...) I remember you used those examples when we were originally hashing this - in fact, they're cited in a post of mine setting the current standard back then. (...) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Official model repository situation

(...) Ya, I totally agree on an (optional or maybe not optional) M part -- it's incredibly is helpful for sets with the same number that also came out in the same year -- for example 1974 Star Quest, 1974 Smuggler's Hayride, and 1974 Flyer Cracker (...) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Official model repository situation

Ok, let me ask this then, do programs such as Ldlite, MLCad, etc accept ,mpd files and automatically split them or is there still the need to split the .mpd manually? I haven't used MLCad much basically because I've become so proficient in LEdit and (...) (24 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  RE: Official model repository situation

(...) LDraw and LEdit can't read MPD files without first splitting them, so I see no reason to limit MPD filenames to 8.3. Long filenames will be much more readable and easier to organize, which is what we're looking for in filenames for OMR models. (...) (24 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Official model repository situation

(...) Why *not* accept long filenames for model names? I think that the current generation of tools (LDLite, MLCad, etc.) are sufficiently good enough -- and we don't necessarily want to restrict Un*x and Mac users as well. I'm a die-hard LEdit (...) (24 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Official model repository situation

Jacob, Will .mpd accept more than 8 characters? I don't use it much, but I was under the impression that we had to keep that in the 8+3 format as well. Please let me know As soon as possible so I can make any necessary changes to the standards. (...) (24 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw.org Meeting in New York City, Sun Feb 11

(...) I used to feel the same way. Then someone pushed to form MichLUG. So things are a little better now, in Michigan. A state-wide MichLUG is still too spread out to be practical for frequent activity, but it's good for doing things a few times (...) (24 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.loc.us.ny.ny)

  Re: Official model repository situation

Heather: (...) I think it would help a bit. That way you are spared the time to look for the pieces. Jacob (24 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Official model repository situation

(...) as (...) to (...) drive (...) where (...) link (...) similar (...) Okay. Yeah, I forgot about the naming system in the annoucement. Cheers, --Ryan (24 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact