 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 969
Re: LPub4 Alpha source on sourceforge.net
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Fri, 18 Apr 2008 11:10:40 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Jim DeVona wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Kevin L. Clague wrote:

  I use the one Don Heyse told us about here:

http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/?n=10755

Ah, I'd missed that. Seems to work. Strangely, a few steps still don't show up
in CAR.DAT - but the other models I've tried are looking good.

  Also, check with Travis about an LPub compatible version of LDGLite.

  In lpub.cpp, you can change the code to switch to LDView.  Look for renderer.
Comment out ldglite, and uncomment ldview.

Just tried it, and that seems to work too. (I can't tell much difference,
though.)

I look forward to feedback on the program.

Well, I suspect that LPub is not rendering using LDView, because the images were
already calculated using LDGLite.

The rendering is still a long path in the procerss of preparing a page.  LPub
caches part images for parts lists, and assembly images for steps on hard drive.
It works hard to make sure that things are up to date, but when switching
renderers in the source, LPub does not know you did that.

I realize now that I should include the renderer as part of the images' file
name (like I do now for scale and such).

For now, use the "Clear Parts List Cache" and "Clear Assembly Image Cache" menus
in the aplication's Tools menu to clear out the images.

I've committed changes to allow you to switch between renderers using the Gui
back to sourceforge.  When using this, LPub clears out the caches automatically.

It's pretty cool! I'm going to be busy with other things the next few days, but
I hope to find time to play with LPub some more. I'll email you any more
detailed feedback directly.

Thanks for the info,
Jim

Thanks,