 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 823
Re: LSynth on Mac OS X
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Sat, 31 Mar 2007 00:41:05 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Timothy Gould wrote:

   One more step in my Macintosh LDraw compatibility campaign!

Wow. You’re a one-man Mac compatiblity machine. I almost wish I had a Mac so I could play with all the toys you’ve ported.

Thanks. Happily, I think all these things are already available for Linux or Windows - but of course they are nicer on a Mac. :)

Two key Windows-oriented tools, MLCad and LDraw Design Pad, do work in the CrossOver demo (more or less): LDDP, MLCad. CrossOver uses Wine to support Windows programs without Windows itself. It might be a viable transitional solution for someone used to those programs - the performance is decent - but it’s not for me. I do work best at the Bricksmithy.

Jim