 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 82
81  |  83
Subject:
how to get a debugger going
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 14:24:47 GMT

Now that I've got some bugs, I'd like to get into the code with a debugger.  In
particular, I am trying to set a breakpoint in the keyboard() method so that I
may trace the execution of key commands.  Id like to figure out why
pg-up/pg-down refreshes my window while the 'E' key does not.

I've attempted using gdb to start the app from the cli and from within emacs,
the problem is that the output of the app seems to hinder my ability to enter
commands into the debugger.

A more promising method has been to start the app, then hook in with gdb.  This
appears to work except that when I switch back to the ldglite app, I've got the
spining disc and I can't perform any operations (mouse or keyboard).  If I type
(c)ontinue in gdb, I can input into ldglite but I completely lose control in
gdb.  The only breakpoint I've set is at keyboard().

Mark