 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 524
  Re: Central location for LDraw prefs

I vote for org.ldraw.plist because it's short and simple. However I could probably be convinced to go for org.ldraw.ldrawconfig.plist because it's like com.apple.internetconfig.plist, or maybe org.ldraw.apps.plist, but not the one with mac in it. To (...) (21 years ago, 7-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Central location for LDraw prefs

(...) I like the idea of a single repository of ldraw-related settings. I'd also be satisfied with the short version of the plist name (with org.ldraw.apps second). The key and string for LDRAWDIR do match the draft environment.plist contents from (...) (21 years ago, 7-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Central location for LDraw prefs

(...) Ok, but remember James used the word "eventually" a few messages back. I wouldn't skip the environment.plist file in favor of the org.ldraw.plist file just yet. Do both files, or just the environment.plist file if both is too much work. (...) (21 years ago, 8-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Central location for LDraw prefs

(...) Doing both isn't a problem. Actually, the question I had was how soon ldglite would check both locations. Tom (21 years ago, 9-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Central location for LDraw prefs

(...) I didn't think so, but I wanted to be sure because... (...) This'll take a while because I have to write (or find) some code to do it. The envinronment.plist contents are automagically tranformed into environment variables by the nice folks at (...) (21 years ago, 9-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Central location for LDraw prefs

(...) Don, We're almost there. I'm on the road most of this week, so I'm getting in a little work on the bundle as conditions permit. I have a crudely hacked double-clickable mklist.app that I'll send to Chris to test out when I get back home (...) (21 years ago, 10-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)