 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 404
Re: Java 3D app ready for Mac LDraw?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 19:57:30 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Matthew Gerber writes:
Hey everybody,

At BricksWest last weekend, Wayne Gramlich told me about this site:

http://www.artofillusion.org/

If you are heavily into Java, Wayne figures that it would take no more than
a week of code to have a Macintosh LDraw modeller written on top of this. Do
we have anyone out there willing to take a look?
  Someone mentioned AoI a while back.  At the additional prompting, I
downloaded the app (and the source and docs) and started researching what would
be needed.

  Simple reading and writing of ldr files seems pretty straightforward.  I have
been in contact with the AoI author and he is supportive of the idea.  An
interface geared towards LEGO CAD is a little more complex.  The AoI interface
is geared towards primitives, not sub-objects.  I think it can be adapted
though.  I'm not overflowing with free time, but I'm going to give it a try.
I'll keep ya'll updated.  My first objective is to allow AoI to import a ldr
file.