 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 394
  Java 3D app ready for Mac LDraw?

Hey everybody, At BricksWest last weekend, Wayne Gramlich told me about this site: (URL) you are heavily into Java, Wayne figures that it would take no more than a week of code to have a Macintosh LDraw modeller written on top of this. Do we have (...) (21 years ago, 23-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Java 3D app ready for Mac LDraw?

(...) Someone mentioned AoI a while back. At the additional prompting, I downloaded the app (and the source and docs) and started researching what would be needed. Simple reading and writing of ldr files seems pretty straightforward. I have been in (...) (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Java 3D app ready for Mac LDraw?

(...) Cool, glad someone paid attention :-) Please keep us up to date on your progress. My lack of programming skills will show through here -- but is it theoretically possible to build a LEGO CAD friendly interface over AoI's rendering engine? I've (...) (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Java 3D app ready for Mac LDraw?

(...) Expect progress to be slow. I'm over-committed without this. But, I'd really like to see it happen. And, I don't think the programming is going to be very ugly. (...) I expect that extending the AoI interface will be simpler. A rendering (...) (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)