 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 257
Re: BrickDraw3D 0.5 Released for OS X
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 07:47:51 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Erik Olson writes:
Bug fixes today for MPD files. New version 0.5a is what you currently get
when you download the latest.

Erik,
I couldn't get it to work.  Here is detailed explaination of my experience
using the Nov. 21 build.  I am running Mac OS X 10.2.2.

When I load the carbon version, it says "Error: Could not open LDRAW
folder...."  I click on "Select LDRAW folder" and it opens a new document
"Untitled" and the parts list.  The parts list window can't find PARTS.LST,
which makes perfect sense since I haven't told it where the LDRAW folder is
yet.  I select "File" --> "Choose LDRAW Folder".  I pick the folder that I
just downloaded from your site (not my own).  I get the "Error: Could not
open LDRAW folder...." error again.  In the parts list window, there is a
little message that says "File not found: PARTS.LST" with a button "Search"
next to it.  If I click on "Search", BrickDraw3D dies.

Then I mess around with the preference file to see if there is something
wrong with it.  I can't seem to find anything fishy.  I take the space out
of my hard disk name just in case that is it.  It does have a wierd ending
character:

LDRAW=HardDisk:Users:james:Documents:LDRAW:
fi

No messing around seems to fix it.  I notice in the updatePartsList.pl file
included with your LDRAW folder that you have hardcoded the ldraw dir as:
Acroyear:Development:Lego.CAD:LDRAW

So I change my hard disk name and create the path to match this.  It still
doesn't work.

Any ideas?

James