 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 254
  BrickDraw3D 0.5 Released for OS X

Features in this release (0.5) Runs native on OS X. Opens MPDs (first release of this). OpenGL mode is much better looking. Changed windows and menus. Improved parts list window. Bug fixes. Known issues MPD: please report problems: send me MPDs that (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: BrickDraw3D 0.5 Released for OS X

Bug fixes today for MPD files. New version 0.5a is what you currently get when you download the latest. (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: BrickDraw3D 0.5 Released for OS X

(...) Erik, I couldn't get it to work. Here is detailed explaination of my experience using the Nov. 21 build. I am running Mac OS X 10.2.2. When I load the carbon version, it says "Error: Could not open LDRAW folder...." I click on "Select LDRAW (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: BrickDraw3D 0.5 Released for OS X

Sorry about the preferences file gotcha. The workaround is to copy your preferences file from Classic. Choose the LDRAW folder in Classic. Copy the file from /System Folder/Preferences/BrickDraw3D Preferences to ~/Library/Preferences/ cp "/System (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: BrickDraw3D 0.5 Released for OS X

(...) This didn't work. The classic copy of BrickDraw3D doesn't even save the preferences. It worked in Classic though. But, every time I launched it, I had to select the LDRAW folder. I tried this in Classic and I booted to OS 9 to see if it would (...) (22 years ago, 23-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: BrickDraw3D 0.5 Released for OS X

(...) ??? It should write the "BrickDraw3D Preferences" file to /System Folder/Preferences/ unless there is a Unix owner permission that won't let you. At any rate delete the old file there - or move it someplace else temporarily - then run (...) (22 years ago, 23-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Update: BrickDraw3D 0.5b fixes folder bug on OS X

Version 0.5b (says 0.5 in Finder until you do Get Info) New features: Can choose LDRAW folder in the carbon version. Let me know about this. Cleaned up the rendering options greatly. Added Smooth Edges option. OpenGL mode has transparent parts (...) (22 years ago, 23-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Update: BrickDraw3D 0.5b fixes folder bug on OS X

Erik, Yeah, it works! James (...) (22 years ago, 23-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: BrickDraw3D 0.5 Released for OS X

(...) Hey, this is the first time I've downloaded this program but it worked for me in OS X.2.2, though it was quite slow moving pieces and I couldn't figure out how to add parts. There was a pop up menu box in the top right corner of the window, (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)