 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 235
Re: LDMC site moved.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Sun, 1 Sep 2002 23:21:10 GMT

Why don't you ask about moving the content to ldraw.org?  Seems like
a reasonable place for it...

Yeah, it sounds like a good idea to me.  For a totally separate site, it
could be mac.ldraw.org, or we could stuff it in the current nav layout under
www.ldraw.org/community/mac/

Um, ok.  Can I get mac@ldraw.org as a forwarding email too?...

I like mac.ldraw.org.  That way I dont' have to revamp the entire site
before I can put it up.  I do want to redo the site.  I believe Matt G.
wanted to also, and almost got it all done, but got carried away making
money (sheez....).

I want to drop the LDMC name too.  The campaign is kinda over.  Now it is
more of a community.  Hey, both words begin with "c"... Ldraw Mac Community.
Hmm.  I suppose the name *could* stick around if anyone has become attached
to it.  Any opinions?

Anyway.  If anyone in the "community" cares about the url or name or content
or look, lets discuss it.  Otherwise, if no one responds, I'll just go ahead
and work things out off list and post the final stuff here.

James