 CAD / Development / 9682 (-20)
  Patterns, simplified

(...) I'm inferring that you are talking about converting a scanned image into a pattered subfile for a part? Then, optimally, the process requires the following discrete phases: 1) Someone[1] scans a patterned part at high resolution into an agreed (...) (20 years ago, 5-May-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Patterns suck!

(...) I'm gonna have to look into this again. Vectorizers are cool. Here's some more opensource code (3 URLs) a really nifty description of how to use the potrace vectorizer to generate edges, and the netlib triangulator to create the triangles. (...) (20 years ago, 5-May-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Patterns suck!

(...) Or you could search the net for vectorizer programs like this one. (URL) a free vectorizer with source code. (URL) wonder how hard it would be to modify it to handle color and output ldraw format. Enjoy, Don (20 years ago, 5-May-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Lsynth thoughts.

"Don Heyse" <dheyse@hotmail.spam....away.com> wrote in message news:Hx5nw4.JoA@lugnet.com... (...) Looks good. Jennifer (20 years ago, 5-May-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Lsynth thoughts.  [DAT]

(...) I envision something more like this. 0 ~LSYNTH constraint part 0 Name: lz00.dat 0 Author: John VanZwieten, Steve Bliss, Kevin Clague, Paul Easter, Don Heyse 0 Unofficial LCad Part 0 CATEGORY Hose 0 1999-05-02 KevinB Added nipple (taken from (...) (20 years ago, 3-May-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Lsynth thoughts.  [DAT]

(...) I've only looked at the hoses so far. So I don't even know what the current algorithm for rubber bands looks like, much less how to improve it. (...) True, for my first cut at the fixed length length rubber hoses I calculated the total spline (...) (20 years ago, 28-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Lsynth thoughts.

(...) Yes, then lsynthcp can focus on the synthesis algorithms like spline, and belts. I'd love to have an algorithm for non-planar rubber bands. (...) Don, the splining algorithm gives us *no* control over the distance between the resulting spline (...) (20 years ago, 28-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Lsynth thoughts.

(...) Please do. I got to tinkering over the weekend and added some code to generate the fixed length 50 segment 751.DAT style rubber hoses. (URL) also tinkered with simulating 208c01.DAT fixed length chain links as a hose. I think it might work (...) (20 years ago, 27-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  New Tutorial: How to make thumbnails for your inventory using a batch file for LDView

hi folks, do you fancy thumbnails for your inventory or do you feel that the parts list of your model also deserves images of the single parts? (URL) one of the ways to render effortlessly a bunch of identical part images is batch-filing LDview. (...) (20 years ago, 21-Apr-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev, FTX) !

  Re: [Parts Tracker] More name changes for Dishes

List of parts affected by this latest dish-renaming. (URL) 30209.dat Bracket 1 x 2 - Dish 4 x 4 ((URL) PT Page>) (URL) 2654.dat Dish 2 x 2 ((URL) PT Page>) (URL) 4740.dat Dish 2 x 2 Inverted ((URL) PT Page>) (URL) x902.dat Dish 2 x 2 x 2/3 Hollow (...) (20 years ago, 19-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  [Parts Tracker] More name changes for Dishes

[I'll follow-up this message with an FTX-formatted reference] Here's some material for your Monday morning spit-take... The following part files (mix of official and unofficial): 30209.dat Plate 1 x 2 with 4 x 4 Disc at 90 Degrees 2654.dat Boat 2 x (...) (20 years ago, 19-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: 4.5V Semaphore Signal

(...) Well, that approach won't work, then. :/ Steve (20 years ago, 13-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LPub updates

Hi, A long overdue fix for Bill of Materials images is working. Jake I'm really sorry that this took so long to fix, especially in light of the grief you got for *not* having BOM images in your book. I've also modified LPub to use subdirectories for (...) (20 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Lpub find edges

(...) Well, I did some tests walking the tree and printing out all line type 2 as cylinders, but I didn't think it looked to well. Mostly because at some edges you only see 1/4 of the cylinder, and at other edges you see 3/4 of the cylinder. L3P (...) (20 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Clikit file naming

(...) only have one "c" :) ROSCO (20 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Clikit file naming

(...) Hmm ... I looked at that Peeron list, and it seems all the small Clikits bits are called 'icons.' Strange, but I've seen stranger [1]. When I look at the above three, I think female adapter, male adapter, and backing - cause those are the (...) (20 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Using LDGLite inside LDDP

(...) I'm pretty sure there are lots of programs distributed with a bunch of standard plugins. Maybe you should consider distributing several standard plugins with LDDPinstall.exe, or perhaps make a plugin bundle with everything, or is that what the (...) (20 years ago, 8-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Using LDGLite inside LDDP

(...) You make some good points. I'll consider splitting it back out. -Orion -- We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing -George Bernard Shaw (20 years ago, 8-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Using LDGLite inside LDDP

(...) But wait! I'm not quite sure I understand. What's the advantage of incorporating the bendible object generator code into LDDP instead of developing it independently as a plugin? As a plugin, you could update it without having to rerelease a (...) (20 years ago, 8-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Using LDGLite inside LDDP

(...) I think I understand... So, the earlier version of LDDP (which utilized the bendible objects creator plug-in) generated a preview because the plug-in polled LDGLite (or vice versa), correct? That would be a handy feature in a future version of (...) (20 years ago, 8-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact