 CAD / Development / 955
Re: How big is your VEC dir?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 1999 07:15:00 GMT

How big is my what!?  Oh....

Right now, mine is 14 mb.  Yep, 14,722,692.
But I have it rendered at 50%  *and* I used a batch conversion to reduce the
LDLite output to 8 bits.(1)  Sure it took a while, but the savings were
significant.  If I remember rightly, the size of the dir when I did it was
about 36 mb.

The use of GIF and JPG slow it down.  A lot.  Much better to just reduce the
bit depth.

It would be smaller, but I have not converted the two last updates worth of
parts to 8 bit.  I should do so.

-- Terry K --
1.  Would that be a good option for LDLite?  The ability to reduce the output
bit depth?