 CAD / Development / 9425
  Re: Change to existing policy on embedding POV-Ray code in Official Files

(...) Too sad. If I got that complicated language correcly, this means that the problem presented at (URL) and was solved by embedded POV-code has now regressed to be un-solved again. /Tore (20 years ago, 20-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Change to existing policy on embedding POV-Ray code in Official Files

(...) Only until 3rd party libraries (like LGEO) become available. ROSCO (20 years ago, 20-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Change to existing policy on embedding POV-Ray code in Official Files

(...) Actually, the only Official Library parts that have embedded P-R SDL are some of Paul Easter torus primitives. Since nothing was ever done in the first place, nothing is being undone now. If you're like me and frustrated that LGEO is (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Change to existing policy on embedding POV-Ray code in Official Files

(...) What's entailed? Do you want participants who can test but not do much else? (20 years ago, 20-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Change to existing policy on embedding POV-Ray code in Official Files

(...) The relatively easy solution on how to make the wrench tool and, even more obvious, the (unofficial) patterned maxifig heads - that solution has become undone. (...) The only thing that ever has frustrated me about LGEO is that I never ever (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Change to existing policy on embedding POV-Ray code in Official Files

(...) One thing the project clearly needs right now is a small homepage to tell what it's all about, and outline what people can do to help. That might help pull in more active participants than a lone CVS archive. I've seen your pages, Larry. I bet (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Change to existing policy on embedding POV-Ray code in Official Files

(...) Save that code! Once an LDraw/POV-Ray library is a going thing (and it looks like that won't take so long), those parts can be submitted there. Steve (20 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Change to existing policy on embedding POV-Ray code in Official Files

(...) Lars has already been implementing that support since... what year? 2004? Probably even longer. I may would have joined it, but it didn't work then and I still can't get it to work now, 3½ years later. (tried testdoc.pov) And, like I said, (...) (17 years ago, 1-Jul-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Change to existing policy on embedding POV-Ray code in Official Files

(...) At the risk of reigniting this argument, I still hold to the original reasons for disallowing EmPOV: - The POV-RAY SDL is not under the control of the LSC. This means that if the POV-Ray Team decides to depreciate a command (which they have (...) (17 years ago, 1-Jul-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Change to existing policy on embedding POV-Ray code in Official Files

(...) I'd _like_ to see a meta-language for basic shapes defined in their primitives (the current naming system would be fine if it was consistent) as that could be used in converter software of all hues. I also realise this isn't likely to happen (...) (17 years ago, 1-Jul-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)