 CAD / Development / 9259
  Part Renames

A flood of BFC'd part has been submitted to the PT (Thanks John) and I like to take an opportunity to discuss the renames of some of the parts to more intuitive names: 30031 Space Handlebars to Bar Handlebars or just Handlebars with a 0 CATEGORY Bar (...) (21 years ago, 23-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Part Renames

Whatever the renames are, if we could make sure the former name is in the keywords, so that it's still searchable? Ie: if i search for "space" and am looking for the old "space handlebars" I'd like to be able to, without having to remember that 1) (...) (21 years ago, 23-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Part Renames

(...) What's a tipper? Someone clue me in please. I feel that if I'm confused as to what a tipper is supposed to be, then others may also be just as confused (or maybe I'm delusional ;-) ) -Orion (21 years ago, 23-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Part Renames

Quoting Orion Pobursky <orion@pobursky.com>: (...) Something that tips? Like... the yellow car in set 2126 - those ends, are the ends of the tipper. (21 years ago, 23-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Part Renames

(...) I believe this is a tipper: (URL) It's a container that is designed to tip over to unload. (21 years ago, 23-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Part Renames

(...) **Warning: Obvious Political Joke** Well, duh. Tipper is the former would-be First Lady. **End of Obvious Political Joke** Also, I'm a tipper if the service is good. Dave! Wouldn't you like to be a tipper, too? (21 years ago, 23-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Part Renames

(...) Ahhh, I see. How about Train Tipper End -Orion (who's getting really annoyed at the high server load errors) (21 years ago, 23-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Part Renames

(...) I think Bracket 3 x 2 x 2 would be the best alternative. Keep the space seat line, just use it a keyword. And although I sure it has been mentioned before, I think that all theme names should be relagated to keywords and not as parts (...) (21 years ago, 23-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Part Renames

(...) This part is not only used in trains: 371 Tipper Truck (URL) 662 Dumper Lorry (URL) 856 Bulldozer (URL) 8848 Power Truck (URL) Niels Owning 2 in red and one in yellow (sets 171 and 662) (21 years ago, 24-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Part Renames

(...) The Castle Walls (including the newly LDraw one) need to be renamed to be Panels. Also, the names for minifig parts (of which there are many) are a great mystery to me. E.g., Minifig Castle Helmet with Chin-Guard was recently officialized, but (...) (21 years ago, 24-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)