 CAD / Development / 9061
Re: Another LDDP plugin question.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 11:37:05 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Orion Pobursky wrote:
   In lugnet.cad.dev, Don Heyse wrote:
   Meanwhile, now that there’s an ldlist plugin, someone’ll have to implement drag and drop for LDDP to really make it useful. ;^)

What would the position and matrix be? I see two possibilities:
  • Same position amd mtrix as previous part
  • 0,0,0 and Indentity Matrix
Of course we could add the ability for the user to choose between the two or input desired default position or matrix.

For ldglite I’ve been emulating LEDIT, so that means the same position as the previous part, but unrotated. This works pretty well when you’re building in LEDIT mode because it’s right where you’re working and it’s easy to move it to someplace nearby with a few keys. You might want to ask where to put it if it requires editing to move.

For multiple part drag and drop (like from a peeron part list) I place the parts in a spiral around the first one.

Don