 CAD / Development / 903
Re: Complete list of metacommands?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 14:27:03 GMT

On Tue, 30 Mar 1999 08:51:07 GMT, "Adviesbureau Noord/Zuidlijn"
<nzlijn@euronet.nl> wrote:

Steve, Is it not a good idea to confine the category specification a little
bit more, After all, some parts have a first word in their name that are not
good examples for a category name. If we want to use these meta statements
in the future, now is the appropriate time to enforce some regulation on it.
I think it will get out of hands and result in a unusable mess if you don't.

Until now, no one has paid much attention to the idea of having these
keywords around.  I agree with you completely, but it's a chicken-and-egg
problem.  Until we've got software to support using the CATEGORY entries,
we can't depend on them.  And there's no impetus to creating the software
to support the CATEGORY entries, unless we're depending on the information
they contain.

:-/

Steve