 CAD / Development / 894
Re: Complete list of metacommands?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 08:51:07 GMT

-----Original message-----
From: Steve Bliss <blisses@worldnet.att.net>
To: lugnet.cad.dev@lugnet.com <lugnet.cad.dev@lugnet.com>
Date: maandag 29 maart 1999 22:00
Subject: Re: Complete list of metacommands?

I wrote:

Steve, could you supply us with a list of valid categories, sub-categories
and sub-sub-categories ?
Or at least the ones that are allowed at this moment ?

Steve answered,

Umm, *anything* is allowed at the moment, since these meta-statements
aren't used anywhere.  But I'd suggest new parts should use the first word
of their descriptive name as the first entry for 0 CATEGORY.  Or at least
that the category entry should be an existant LDraw category.  Which means
that it appears as the first word in at least one part description.

Steve, Is it not a good idea to confine the category specification a little
bit more, After all, some parts have a first word in their name that are not
good examples for a category name. If we want to use these meta statements
in the future, now is the appropriate time to enforce some regulation on it.
I think it will get out of hands and result in a unusable mess if you don't.

Greetings, M. Moolhuysen.