 CAD / Development / 846
Re: LDlite "Black" not really Black...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 1999 22:56:08 GMT

It already does support RGB, sort-of.
Use "ldlite -b17440512 foo.dat" to get a pure-black background.

Here is an section of the file "wood4.dat", available on the LDLite
home page http://www.gyugyi.com/l3g0/ldlite/ and I'll post
it to lugnet.cad.dat also.

The file wood4.dat is a tutorial of LDLite features, so I encourage
you to read it.  Here is a section where I talk about redefining
the color blue to have pure-black edges.  The "immediate" form
of colors can be used from the command line background color option
if you use the decimal form (not the 0x... hex numbers). The
MS Windows calculator in scientific mode can covert hex to decimal.

0 [...]  The standard color "Black" in
0 palette index 0 is sort of a really dark grey. I want the
0 edges on blue to be pure black, so I'll use the new "immediate"
0 form of a color, which is seven hexadecimal digits.
0 The first digit is a 4 for opaque colors, or 6 for transparents.
0 The next three digits are the red, green, and blue values
0 ranging from 0 to f.  The last three digits are for a
0 dithered color.  If you want a solid color, just use the
0 same values you used for the first three digits. Since I
0 want a pure black, the color will be 0x4000000. (I could also
0 use the decimal number 117440512 if I wanted.)
0 Note that the immediate rgb colors have only 1/16th the possible
0 values a palette entry has.  If you need precise colors,
0 redefine an unused palette entry.
0 COLOR 1 Blue 0x4000000 0x00 0x33 0xb2 0xff 0x00 0x33 0xb2 0xff
0
0 One trick I use in testing models is to make some parts invisible.
0 Here I set a pair of colors to be inverses of each other, to
0 make sure no edges get drawn.
0 COLOR 255 Invisible      254 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
0 COLOR 254 Invisible-Edge 255 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0