 CAD / Development / 843
Re: vote 9902
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 1999 14:21:11 GMT

Terry K wrote:

No apologies are needed, Selçuk.
I understand your objections, and wish there were an easy way of fixing them.

And your English is very good, IMO.  :-)

-- Terry K --

I think it's not bad at all, too, but I know it has no "feeling". I mean
cultural content behind the words. "Negro" means nothing bad to me, for example.
Even we have a chocolate biscuit here in Turkey named as "Negro". But I've
learned last month from RTL that it is a word that a very bad meaning actually,
for the black people.

I've seen in several occasions that my words might have been insulting although
I didn't want to.

Anyway, I'm still learning, and made a great addition to my English by the help
of RTL and Lugnet up to now..:-)

Selçuk