 CAD / Development / 813
    vote 9902 —Jonathan Wilson
   just got the vote! great. BUT i am curious as to why the folowing were put on hold... the large technic hook? the knife? the harpoon? the 9v motor? i assume that the hook,harpoon and kjnife suffer the same problem that toe antenna 6h suffered in the (...) (25 years ago, 26-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: vote 9902 —Terry Keller
     (...) Yes, that is basically why. We are trying to work out a compromise between the use of LDraw as a modelling tool and as a parts reference. Some number codes refer to specific-colored composite pieces. So using those numbers for generic #16 (...) (25 years ago, 26-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

         Re: vote 9902 —Jonathan Wilson
      o.k. but what is wrong with the 9v motor? it is the correct color and the correct number? is there something wrong with the piece? (25 years ago, 26-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

          Re: vote 9902 —Terry Keller
      (...) Right now there is nothing "wrong" with the part, per se. The part number (71427) refers to a specific color for that composite item. The part is not actually any color - it is in #16. Right now, you could use that part as-is. The number is a (...) (25 years ago, 26-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

         Re: vote 9902 —Selçuk Göre
     So, nothing could be more clear than this example. As I said before, Continuing to follow TLG naming scheme causes problems. Always. Is it a nice thing to put some already done and meet the quality requirements parts on hold, just because they are (...) (25 years ago, 26-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

         Re: vote 9902 —Terry Keller
     I am truly sorry that we are going through this problem. But LDraw is a dual purpose program. The original purpose, and one that is still valid, useful, and needed, is that of a parts reference. A parts reference that depends on using TLG part (...) (25 years ago, 26-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

         A solution to the part numbering problem? (Was: vote 9902) —Jacob Sparre Andersen
      (...) What about adding a "reference" catalog to the LDraw tree? It should be used for LDraw files with _exact_ part-number relations. The name could be "LDraw\LEGO", "LDraw\Official", or "LDraw\Reference" (the last is too long). Parts like the six (...) (25 years ago, 26-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

          Re: A solution to the part numbering problem? (Was: vote 9902) —Selçuk Göre
      Wow...How nice. I really like this idea. I have been always behind the idea of separating those two universe, but couldn't realise that they could be both "separate" and "together" at the same time. Nice and elegant solution in my side. What's you (...) (25 years ago, 26-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

         Re: vote 9902 —Selçuk Göre
     Terrel, I'm sorry that I forgotten to mention in my last message, but if has any use for anyone (from misunderstanding point of view) I never intended to blame anyone, especially you. I believe you have the one having one of the greatest portions (...) (25 years ago, 26-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

         Re: vote 9902 —Terry Keller
     No apologies are needed, Selçuk. I understand your objections, and wish there were an easy way of fixing them. And your English is very good, IMO. :-) -- Terry K -- (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

         Re: vote 9902 —Selçuk Göre
     (...) I think it's not bad at all, too, but I know it has no "feeling". I mean cultural content behind the words. "Negro" means nothing bad to me, for example. Even we have a chocolate biscuit here in Turkey named as "Negro". But I've learned last (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: vote 9902 —Jonathan Wilson
   here is my thoughts on the part numbers... i know that the numver 7xxxx assigned to the harpoon for example refers specificly to the chromed version but if TLG releases it in say blue whos to say that they will not decide to use the same number? we (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: vote 9902 —Terry Keller
   (...) AFAIK, the 7xxxx numbers are totally color-specific. That is not to say that we couldn't be surprised in the future and find an exception to that. Anything could happen. And yes, there are cases of a piece being release in 7xxxx format as well (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)