 CAD / Development / 8068
Re: True Type fonts and LDraw files
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 09:59:21 GMT

I think there might be some LDRAW programs out there with a notion of a
floor or background image.  Those are 2D objects that may or may not move
with the rest of the 3D model depending on how they're implemented.  Are
they done with META commands?  I don't know, but I guess it *could* work.

MLCAD indeed has a BACKGROUND meta commmand that places an image as a
background. This image always faces the "camera", indepedently of the view
angle. It will not work in al instances (it might get obscured by the
model), but it is the only non-post-processing option to add text to a model
available today with the regular Lego Cad software - that I can think of.

Of course, you still have to generate the background image in a paint
program , so you might as well work on the rendered image ...