 CAD / Development / 8060
8059  |  8061
Subject:
True Type fonts and LDraw files
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 18:21:22 GMT

Hi,
  I've been doing a lot of work on automating the creation of building
instructions lately, and have been studying various LEGO Constructopedias.

  There are places where LEGO uses text to anotate things in their step images
(like 180 degree rotations and such).

  It would be nice if we could to that in our LDraw files.

  Has anyone thought about using true type fonts, where the letters are drawn
as a list of vectors, in LDraw files?

  I figured I might be able to make a converter that reads in the true type
fonts and creates an LDraw part for each character.  Then we'd want a way to
place the characters in our LDraw file without having to figure out the
location of each character.  Any ideas?

  I'd like to come up with a standard set of arrows for use with anotation as
well (straight and curved.)

Kevin