 CAD / Development / 8032 (-20)
  Re: Fully revised LDraw primitives reference now on ldraw.org

(...) So I've updated the link in (URL) (22 years ago, 23-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Wanted: An AutoTouch Utility

Could anyone make a program with a timer you can set, either by command line argument or with a Win32 GUI (doesn't matter which), to perform a Touch (update time stamp) on a file every n seconds? (n could be 2-120 sec, default=5) Or does anyone know (...) (22 years ago, 23-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Fully revised LDraw primitives reference now on ldraw.org

(...) I agree - Chris (22 years ago, 23-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Fully revised LDraw primitives reference now on ldraw.org

(...) alone. But any links to it should be updated to point at the new page. Steve (22 years ago, 23-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Fully revised LDraw primitives reference now on ldraw.org

(...) Well sure, if I wanted to be sensible about things! Those are good suggestions, though--thanks. Dave! (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Fully revised LDraw primitives reference now on ldraw.org

(...) Hi Chris, Now this is done, perhaps you can remove now the old primitives reference at the following link: (URL) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Use of box.dat primitive

(...) I have taken several looks at it, and finally I've decided to repent. /Tore (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Use of box.dat primitive

(...) Then I invite you to take a look at the new primitives reference (URL) let me know if you feel this needs to have more information. Chris (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Use of box.dat primitive

(...) Forgive me, for I have sinned. You are absolutely correct. It has been too easy to just use the box.dat instead of experimenting with the other ones, not knowing if they go from -1 to 1 or just from 0 to 1 and in what axises. And, of course, (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Track designer .... where is the source code ...

Again I would like to know what the status is concerning the source code of Track Designer. A few months ago there was a large discussion on this ... Guido (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Use of box.dat primitive

Hello all, I'm a bit concerned about several parts submitted to the Parts Tracker that use the box.dat primitive (the one with all faces and edges present), where other primitives would have been more appropriate. It seems to me that in several of (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Fully revised LDraw primitives reference now on ldraw.org

(...) And I flagged your article for the spotlight. :) (...) Whoof. That's a bit of work, isn't it? ;) Steve (who should be reviewing a couple of cone primitives...) (22 years ago, 16-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Fully revised LDraw primitives reference now on ldraw.org

(...) I can think of two options: 1. Download complete.exe, to get all the updated files at once. 2. Hit (URL) (use the actual file names in place of nnnnnnn) to get each specific file you're interested in. Steve (22 years ago, 16-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Fully revised LDraw primitives reference now on ldraw.org

(...) Clarity is already at top. Definitely a reference. Thanks Chris, Damien. (22 years ago, 15-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Fully revised LDraw primitives reference now on ldraw.org

(...) This is a fantastic resource, far beyond what I'd hoped to see in this regard; I was just expecting a text list. Is it currently possible (or are there future plans to make it possible) to download a zip of all official primitives? I notice (...) (22 years ago, 14-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Fully revised LDraw primitives reference now on ldraw.org

This was very educational. I feel less lost now in the P folder. (Note: the reference uses the word 'flout' correctly.) -Erik (22 years ago, 14-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Fully revised LDraw primitives reference now on ldraw.org

(...) Wow! Very nice work, thanks for sharing this with us all. (22 years ago, 14-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Fully revised LDraw primitives reference now on ldraw.org

After some considerable delay and many promises to complete this, I have now made available a fully revised and restructured LDraw primitives reference. It is in the reference section of the Parts Tracker. (URL) official primitives are included, (...) (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev) !

  Re: Ring and Axle Hole fit

(...) I have already submitted the fixes for all the axle related primitives to Steve -Orion (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ring and Axle Hole fit

(...) Well spotted. There are some bad approximations to the 6LDu radius 16-agon in the axlehole.dat primitive and these appear to have been carried forward into other derivatives. Looks like a well-bounded project for someone to take on? Two (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact