 CAD / Development / 7962 (-20)
  Re: Minifig Generator Plugin for LDDesignPad Version 1.2

(...) My preference is by name. :) --Ryan ryanjf@ifriendly.com (URL) (22 years ago, 13-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Minifig Generator Plugin for LDDesignPad Version 1.2

(...) I know this, I just keep forgetting to add it to the ReadMe. (...) Good catch, thanks. (...) Then maybe I should remove it from the list of hats that accept accesories until someone makes the old style castle visor (...) This is what I wanted (...) (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Minifig Generator Plugin for LDDesignPad Version 1.2

(...) Thanks Orion, (...) Another reasonable (but hidden) requirement is having unofficial minifig x981, x982 and x983 parts in Ldraw directory. (...) The more important issue with hat accessories is that they do not take neckwear into account. (...) (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ldraw-mode.el external viewer suggestion

(...) I prefer so as well. I usually catch discussions about LDraw-mode on LUGNET, and am able to comment on it. But let me say that I value all comments about LDraw-mode greatly, both by mail and by news. Fredrik (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ldraw-mode.el external viewer suggestion

(...) I'm happy to hear that. I have to admit that I never expected LDraw-mode to become so widely used. I thought that die hard Emacs fans would use it exclusively. On the other hand, though, I have documented the bendable curve generator (...) (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ldraw-mode.el external viewer suggestion

(...) Good idea! Thanks, I have incorporated your code in LDraw-mode now. I added the ability to change the default parameters passed to the viewer, in case anybody wants to do that. I have considered adding this funcion myself, but I never saw the (...) (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ldraw-mode.el external viewer suggestion

(...) Actually I prefer to keep the discussions here if possible. That way anything that comes out of it is publicly available. Anyhow, I modeled my suggestion after some code I saw in browseurl.el. I don't have it in front of me right now, but I (...) (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ldraw-mode.el external viewer suggestion

Don, That really sounds like a great idea. Have you sent Frederick an email about it? He's really on the ball on this sort of thing and always very quick to return an answer. I think that ldraw-mode is the best program for working with bendable (...) (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

Philo, I like your idea of multiple resolutions. It could save a lot of space. I think I that I don't have a minimal solution to the number of segments used. Some fine tuning might make a big difference in file space consumed. The stuff that is out (...) (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  ldraw-mode.el external viewer suggestion

I was comparing the various hoser programs last night when I realized there's no command to launch an external ldraw viewer program from within the emacs ldraw-mode. Yeah, you can launch one from an icon or another window, but sometimes it's nice to (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Minifig Generator Plugin for LDDesignPad Version 1.2

(...) Yes that latter is what I intend. My only roadblock is extracting the correct info from the text. I'm also going to hold off until the new arm and hand are officially released. -Orion (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Minifig Generator Plugin for LDDesignPad Version 1.2

(...) Do you mean convert stiff-legged, armless figs to modern figs, or to convert files with modern figs to use the new arm and hand parts? The latter seems more useful. . . -- TWS Garrison (URL) capital letters in address for direct reply. (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Minifig Generator Plugin for LDDesignPad Version 1.2

Yet another coding frenzy on a rainy day, trying to stay awake while shifting from a nights to days schedule, produced the next version of my plugin Get it here: (URL) in this version: -Added LDView preview support -Added Footwear rotation ability (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Toruseses?

(...) A new, fully revised and up-to-date Primitives Reference is currently undergoing review. I hope to be able to make this public on ldraw.org soon. This will answer both there questions (and more !). Chris (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives)

  Re: Toruseses?

(...) ... and a guide on how to interpret all the numbers in the file names/descriptions? For example: 0 Torus Outside 1 x 0.0625 x 0.25 0 Name: t04o0625.dat I have no idea of what the numbers stand for... /Tore (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives)

  Re: Toruseses?

(...) Well, my learning curve wasn't the smoothest, but I figured it out eventually. My question is more specific, though... Some time ago I downloaded Paul Easter's torii.zip from (URL) I wasn't sure if these fine primitives are canonical, or if (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Toruseses?

(...) Look in the LDRAW\P directory. All the torii are there (I assume you know the naming convention) -Orion (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Toruseses?

Hi all: Is there a list of which torus primitives are official? Thanks! Dave! (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

Hi Philo, I finally got my tangent between two circles code working! I can have two or more pulleys (or pins), with them inside or outside the rubber band, and band crossings. Right now they all have to be in the XY plane. I'm working on the code to (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Temporary software submission form for LDraw.org web site

Firstly I want to apologise for not keeping the LDraw.org download section as up-to-date as it should be - I've been pretty busy recently, and just don't seem to be able to find the time to fit updates in as much as I'd hoped. However, I have some (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact