 CAD / Development / 7581
Re: Smoothing on part level using edge lines
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 10:40:28 GMT

If you check out the big space dish (3961.dat) you can see the optional line
algorithm fails because there are no optional lines. In my opinion this part
is good. There is no need to fix this part because it will only get larger
and slows down some applications. It performs it's job as it should.  This
is the same with the inside of the hands of the minifigs.
A workaround in your program could be made by letting your program generate
optional lines (while preprocessing) on all edges except for edges of color
24. You might want to remove optional lines that are coincide with edge
lines of color 24.  That way the other programs  are happy and your program
too. You can use the same code for smoothing but you have to do some extra
preprocessing.
And something else. Have you read my suggestion about rendering patterns
into a texture map?