 CAD / Development / 7542 (-5)
  Re: I have some ideas / suggestions for all programmers

(...) Another positive side-effect of not using the registry is if you have to move the folder that all your LDraw related tools are stored in, you dont have to dig through the registry to fix all the path names. I had to do this and it was a big (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: I have some ideas / suggestions for all programmers

(...) Another good thing is that it's much easier just to copy the ldraw.ini file from one installation to another than try to go through the huge registry file and search for LDraw related info. Thus I, for example, get all the viewing angles I (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: I have some ideas / suggestions for all programmers

(...) I agree about using INI files instead of the registry, because it's easier/safer to directly edit INI files. And it's easier for other programmers to figure out the information. For sharing settings between programs, it makes sense (IMO) to (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: I have some ideas / suggestions for all programmers

(...) Ok well then we should all put the ini files in each program dir as u said. (...) I hate it too, specially as it a technic of M$ to control the user's pc. (...) Well some dll's like directX are ok and about delphi making an exe, well O love (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Generating binaries of updated MPD tools

(...) cross compiler supports ADA so I built the windows versions for you and uploaded it to ldraw.org. Look for /home/dheyse/mpd_fil..._win32.zip The new executables seem to have longer names than the buildmpd and splitmpd mentioned on the MPD (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact