 CAD / Development / 7428
Re: "s/41748s01.dat" @ Tracker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 22:37:29 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Franklin W. Cain writes:
Don't be [in such a] hurry, let me reply.
The hole mentioned is much bigger than the one patched by Orion.
Better than a picture, L3P says it all (and even more):

L3P -check C:\MESDOC~1\LDRAWUNF\PARTS\S\41748S01.DAT
WARNING "41748S01.DAT" Line 285: Identical vertices: • [snip]
WARNING "41748S01.DAT" Line 334: Bad vertex sequence, 0132 used: • [snip]

The hole is just due to "Line 285: Identical vertices".

OK, then, good.  These were the two L3P error messages I saw
when I downloaded the file after Orion fixed it.  :-D
So, I fixed these two warnings and reloaded the file.

Thanks,
Franklin

Hello Franklin,

Sorry to annoy you one more time.
Tell me if I am wrong, I feel the hole is still here.
May be a picture is better after all:

http://brickcaster.multimania.com/misc/pt/41748s01.png

You have replaced the "Line 285" quad by a triangle instead of providing the
correct point.
This is an effective way to remove the "Identical vertices" warning, however
that does not remove the hole.

Regards,

Damien