 CAD / Development / 7362 (-5)
  Re: L3P and/or L3PAO

Ahui Herrera wrote... (...) I think we have been talking past each other, especially about what a submodel is, and when it is a submodel. You seem to think of a submodel as being a certain file, and always call it submodel no matter it is rendered (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3P and/or L3PAO

(...) It would be a solution. Basically in the end I would have 2 set of files: Set 1: for distribution model.mpd (which is made of) complete.ldr submodel1.ldr submodel2.ldr Note that ALL of these files would have their steps IN THEM! So that a user (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3P and/or L3PAO

LeoCad can do that sort of thing - but not very straightforward, here is the procedure: - Rename your sub-model as .dat (LeoCad doesn't properly support .dat extension) - Open it with Leocad - Select all parts (edit/select all) and Copy (Ctrl-C) - (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3P and/or L3PAO

(...) Would that solve all your problems? You always want to ignore steps in submodels when rendering main model? Do you render submodels separately for BI ? /Lars (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3P and/or L3PAO

(...) I start off by making one ldraw model first. Usually it has no steps and parts are in NO particular order. Once I got the model done, I go back and begin to figure out what sections should be sub-models if any. At this point I begin to build (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact