 CAD / Development / 7177 (-10)
  Re: Type 5 lines at the edge of primitives

(...) Yeah; I actually posted a response to that thread suggesting just this. (...) Well, it's only a problem if you don't add another type 5 line to the edge. And I agree that it's probably rare. --Travis Cobbs (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Type 5 lines at the edge of primitives

(...) Cool! Glad I could help! And after looking at the discussion Don linked to, I'm wondering if a similar thing could be done for type 5s on cylinder edges - make the second test point on the plane where a rectangle would be if it was butted up (...) (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Type 5 lines at the edge of primitives

(...) Well, I did as you suggested, and it solved the problem without introducing any new ones. I was also able to then visualize why it worked on a continuing sphere once I had it working. --Travis Cobbs (tcobbs@REMOVE.halibut.com) (22 years ago, 5-May-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  bug report: "cert." list on tracker

Steve, There is a "bug" with the certification list on the tracker. It is considering any primitive listed in the tracker to be a "subfile", regardless of whether or not that primitive already exists in the field (i.e., has already been included in (...) (22 years ago, 5-May-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Type 5 lines at the edge of primitives

(...) There was a discussion on this very issue in cad.dat.parts about 2 months ago. This one includes a link to a picture. (URL) don't think it was completely resolved though, as fixing it probably requires changing quite a few primitives and/or (...) (22 years ago, 5-May-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Type 5 lines at the edge of primitives

(...) Hmm... Good point; I hadn't thought of that. But I'll have to check to be sure (it's hard to visualize). The way I currently have my sphere, the joins between the segments are always drawn either twice or not at all. If this does work, though, (...) (22 years ago, 5-May-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Idea, using functions for some primitives.

I was thinking over this the other day, and thought maybe could be some sort of line type p that would work the same as the type 1 lines, but istead take a function instead of a piece. This would be for primitves that the drawing program replaces (...) (22 years ago, 5-May-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Type 5 lines at the edge of primitives

(...) I'm not sure if I understand this properly - if the second "test" point is down the line where the cylinder joint (between two rects) would be if it was attached to a cylinder, won't that work? It'll mean the same line may occasionally be (...) (22 years ago, 5-May-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Type 5 lines at the edge of primitives

I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, but I discovered a problem with the use of type 5 lines at the edge of primitives. The basic problem is that there is no way for the primitive to know which direction any attached polygons are going to (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  numbers report

(URL) certified files. 28 files need admin review. 189 files need more votes. 287 have uncertified subfiles. 99 held files. (Total: 623) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact