 CAD / Development / 7175
  Re: Type 5 lines at the edge of primitives

(...) Well, I did as you suggested, and it solved the problem without introducing any new ones. I was also able to then visualize why it worked on a continuing sphere once I had it working. --Travis Cobbs (tcobbs@REMOVE.halibut.com) (22 years ago, 5-May-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Type 5 lines at the edge of primitives

(...) Cool! Glad I could help! And after looking at the discussion Don linked to, I'm wondering if a similar thing could be done for type 5s on cylinder edges - make the second test point on the plane where a rectangle would be if it was butted up (...) (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Type 5 lines at the edge of primitives

(...) Yeah; I actually posted a response to that thread suggesting just this. (...) Well, it's only a problem if you don't add another type 5 line to the edge. And I agree that it's probably rare. --Travis Cobbs (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Type 5 lines at the edge of primitives

(...) Wow! This is so cool! These cooperating type 5 control points give us both first order continuity between the cylinder and the tangent plane, AND 2nd order continuity between adjacent cylinder parts. All with just a few small changes to a (...) (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)