 CAD / Development / 7116
Re: Question about DAT rendering
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 21:07:54 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Kenneth C. Dyke wrote:

I've been toying around with a visual DAT editor/viewer for Mac OS X,
and wanted to know if there is supposed to be any kind of guaranteed
rendering order on commands within a DAT file.

Err, not really.

Obviously paying attention to STEP commands would be important, but is
there anything beyond that?  I've noticed that other OpenGL based
renderers seem to reorder things to get transparent objects to draw in a
reasonable way, so I'm hoping that I can reorder things in the way
that'll get me the most performance through GL.

Nod, you should be able to reorder without running into trouble.

Steve