 CAD / Development / 6915
    Case of part filenames? —Tony Hafner
   What's the story with upper vs. lower case in part filenames? In my brief survey of my parts directory, it looks like all the files use all upper case where they use letters (".DAT" and the "P" for patterned elements). Additionally, many parts (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: Case of part filenames? —Steve Bliss
   (...) You got it. It didn't use to matter, but now we're trying to move to lower case. Mostly. It didn't use to matter -- DOS's file system is 'case-insensitive'. But DOS always stores & returns filenames as all-caps, so most filenames were (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        File Check utility (was: Case of part filenames?) —Tony Hafner
   (...) Thanks! Now I know. One related thing- is there any way that you could add the new checks to the "File Check" utility as well? I had a number of parts that I had scanned with that tool and they came up OK. Then the submission form refused the (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: File Check utility (was: Case of part filenames?) —Steve Bliss
   (...) Yep, I will do that. I think it should be pretty straightforward. Not quite as straightforward as it would be if they actually ran off the same source code, but close... Steve (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: File Check utility (was: Case of part filenames?) —Steve Bliss
   (...) OK, it's done. It will probably be a problem going forward, until I can clean up the code and combine it into one source. Anyone ever played with lex and perl? That would probably be a better way of doing this - the current code is pretty (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)