 CAD / Development / 6717
  Re: How do we handle stickers in Ldraw?

(...) You are right, this was a suggestion that time too. The thickness of the flat box was then 1 LDU. What do you think is this enough? (...) Ampi ---...--- Imre Papp Geometria GIS Systems House email: ipapp@geometria.hu web: www.geometria.hu (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: How do we handle stickers in Ldraw?

(...) Unfortunately, there is no 'enough' to prevent bleed-through. It totally depends on the scale any model is rendered at. At typical scale, 2LDU is really needed to prevent bleed-through from most angles. Which is a bit thick for most stickers. (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: How do we handle stickers in Ldraw?

I don't know if this has been brought up before or not, but if the stickers are separate parts, they will "float" above the piece if you use L3P, L3Lab, or LDView and have seams turned on. Since I would expect most L3P renderings to be done with (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: How do we handle stickers in Ldraw?

(...) Good point. As far as I know seams are modelled in L3P generated Pov files by shrinking the the size of bricks by a small value. Theoretically, even regular bricks float related to each other, but since usually we look at models from a certain (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

"Imre Papp" <ipapp@geometria.hu> wrote in message news:Gq0y7v.G6q@lugnet.com... (...) eat (...) that (...) Well, the default seam width (in both L3P and LDView) is 0.5 LDU. So, this would chop the sticker thickness in half. No idea whether this is (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)